a conversation between two friends separated by one state, sharing the same passion for the art of knitwear.

knitorious is an archive for knitwear designers, knitwear students, knitwear lovers and even the knitwear curious.

3.01.2011

thoughts empyrean

What a great weekend!
Very interesting things are now on the horizon.. and I'm beginning to feel a bit better
about my work ethic too. Though I'll admit I have been somewhat absent up until this point
creatively, I have been able to bounce around a bit socially. Now, after seeing my very
beautiful earth-people Emily Theobald and Ali Scarpulla Saturday night, I feel I'm back
in touch with my insides, and getting down with productivity.

The three of us finally solidified plans to work together at some time
in Mid-March. I've thought of this for a long time, now, the moment seems right.
So, over the next few weeks I'm going to create a few pieces that hold a deep meaning to me,
based upon this idea of wet felted neck-wear accessories, maybe even a top, we'll see
how far it goes...


I began by creating a shape with wool roving, then completing one process of
wet felting. After the fabric dried, I needle felted in the blue and gray shades,
other shades of white as well, and then did the hand beading around the hem.
I machine stitched in darts, to give the collar some curve to the neck, then
trimmed the inside and needle felted the seams towards the CF closure (snap).
Afterwards, I laid down another layer of felt, to give a clouded effect, and
completed the second process of wet felting.






Pieces like this will also be sold on my Esty site once I get that up and going.
Hopefully towards the end of March.. so keep a sharp eye out if your into it!

1 comment:

  1. wow amanda, i dont know how you have the patience for all that hand beading! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete