a conversation between two friends separated by one state, sharing the same passion for the art of knitwear.

knitorious is an archive for knitwear designers, knitwear students, knitwear lovers and even the knitwear curious.

1.27.2011

lost journal

How Mother Dressed Me | Karen Searle | 2008 |
hand-knit copper wire

I saw this photo of these little wire-knit dresses & it immediately reminded me
of a photo I had tucked away somewhere in one of my journals a while back.
After a bit of searching, I found the journal with the photo inside.

This is an Amy Toensing photo featured in a Geographic years ago.
--
Along with this photo,
the hidden journal contained a whole lot of inspirational images:
(sources are not penciled in)

I always loved these pants... heheh

Also,
I used to draw these imaginary river systems all day in the summer 2 years ago.
Simple watercolor, some pencil, and layered textured paper.
I always thought they could turn into some cool embroidery or something.

Quite glad I found that journal!

4 comments:

  1. i want those pants!!! i've been thinking of making ghoulish swamp-dwelling, barnacle eating creature my look for 2011.

    and those rivers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pants.
    http://joannafashionnerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I'm so into that idea... you prob already knew that ahah

    ReplyDelete