... creating my needles from wooden dowels
the finished product.
here's the first series of triangles.
photographed over my rough graph.
... this was the only graph I created throughout the process, the rest of the
pieces were knit entirely free-form based upon my swatches and general measurements.
So, this is how it went. I began with a 2x2 hem on these 3 foot needles. On my graph,
I figured each series would have 6 red triangles and 6 blue. Then, I set up groups of
red plastic cups, 6 in each group, which I taped to the ground. In each cup I dropped
three marbles and a small ball of yarn in the correct colors, this way the balls would spin
freely as I picked up a color. I worked over my couch, and was unable to turn my work
since I had 12 ends of yarn running from the floor to different areas of the knit. So, on
one course I would stand, and one course I could sit down and knit across.
garment before the sleeves were knit and attached.